23 Oct Meet the Finalists – Early Career Engineering & Manufacturing Professional of the Year 2018
The Irish Early Career Awards are proud to announce the finalists for the 2018 Early Career – Engineering & Manufacturing Professional of the Year, acknowledging their outstanding individual achievements in this industry. With the celebration dinner set for November 1st in the Mansion House, here’s a full list of the finalists in this category:
Meet The Finalists
Senior Fibre Planner – 4site
- Having started with 4site through JobBridge as a CAD Technician, Colin is now Senior Fibre Design Lead, rolling out superfast fibre broadband throughout Ireland and the UK.
- He played a key role in the customisation of our survey App and the setup of Ireland’s first ‘Fibre Centre of Excellence’.
Chartered Engineer – 4site
- After working in Nepal with NGOs and UN departments – and high mountain adventuring – Peadar joined 4site, allowing him to combine climbing and engineering in a unique manner.
- He gained his Chartership in 2015 and recently chaired 4site’s CPD Committee, which was awarded Accredited Employer status by Engineers Ireland.
Advanced Manufacturing Research Lead – Irish Manufacturing Research
- Sean has been working over the past three years to create an advanced manufacturing research centre, the first of its kind in Ireland.
- The sole purpose of which is to serve Irish industry in becoming the best in the world, ultimately attract more investment and create higher paying employment.
CEO & Director – Brightwind
- Shane Martin is an engineer with 13 years of experience in renewable energy.
- He worked with some of the largest Irish wind energy developers including Airtricity, SSE and Mainstream Renewable Power.
- He co-founded two separate startups and is currently focused on growing a renewable energy data analytics company called BrightWind.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our nominees within this category and wish our four finalists the very best of luck on the night and in their future careers.