17 Oct Meet the Finalists – Special Recognition Award 2017
This recipient of the Early Career Special Recognition Award will have made significant and noteworthy progress and achievement in their professional career that deserves to be celebrated. The achievements of such a recipient – celebrated by the Early Career Special Recognition Award – are not easily categorised under an existing award designation. The finalists for this year come from a range of industries and positions, and thought worthy finalists by our esteemed judging panel.
MEET THE FINALISTS
Head of Insights and Services – United Drug Wholesale
- Ailbhe has held various roles in the Procurement and Commercial functions in United Drug, prior to her current role she was Head of Business Intelligence and Project Management
- Ailbhe holds a MSc in Strategic Management in which she was awarded class valedictorian. She also holds a primary degree in Accounting. Ailbhe has continued her involvement with DIT now sitting on the Advisory Panel for the MSc in Project and Consultancy Management
- Ailbhe has a strong appetite for volunteer work highlighted by her involvement as Director for Dublin West Childcare and Learning services
- Edel is a20-year-old final year Biotechnology student at NUI Galway. She is the Founder of Free Feet Medical and Entrepreneur in Residence at the Blackstone Launchpad at NUI Galway.
- Edel is passionate about entrepreneurship and encouraging women into STEM, and was named in the Sunday Business Post 30 under 30 for 2016 & ’17
Paediatric Occupational Therapist – Central Remedial Clinic
- Lead role in developing Policies & Procedures for Disability Teams across North Dublin & Dublin County as part of Progressive Disability Service
- Coordinated a young adult conference ‘SYNER-CHI’; highlight & create awareness of mental wellbeing & services available nationally
- Completed research dissertation in collaboration with Enable Ireland. Published in The Irish Journal of Occupational Therapy
- Junior Chambers of Ireland Galway, Outstanding Young Person of the Year Nominee
On behalf of all the team at the Irish Early Career Awards, we would like to thank all our finalists for their involvement in the Awards and wish you the best of luck on the night and every success in your future careers.